The opening day of #B2BMX kicks off with more than 25 different case studies, where B2B practitioners representing a variety of industries and company sizes share their experiences in deploying new solutions and approaches to engage target audiences.
The case study presentations feature a great mix of perspectives from directors and managers who directly implemented the solutions for their companies, as well as VPs and CMOs who were behind the strategy, budgeting and building business cases for adopting different solutions.
The use cases offer an inside look at how industry peers have dealt with rolling out and scaling solutions such as:
Case Study Lineup
Monday, February 25 • 1:30 PM - 3:50 PM
01:30pm - 02:10pm
Behavioral-Based Channel Incentive Programs: Creating A Compelling Partner Experience At Brocade Networks
Today’s channel no longer supports transactional incentives and this message resonated with the Channel team at Brocade Networks. Effective channel incentives today combine company-level (Rebates, MDF) and individual level (Rewards, Spiff) incentives into a single behavior-based program. Channel partner incentives must be used to support and accelerate partners through their journey, from becoming partner suspects through to converting to active and productive partners. This strategic approach to channel incentives accelerates your partners’ time to revenue and increases partner loyalty. This vision drove improved partner loyalty and partner engagement.
The case study presentation will address:
- How Perks WW and Brocade created a compelling partner experience to increase engagement and accelerate results;
- The impact of engaging partners in entirely new ways by integrating Rewards, Rebates and MDF into a single incentive framework;
- Finding the right level of investment to optimize the sales and marketing performance of your indirect partners;
- How to combine individual, team and company level incentives into a single behavioral-based incentive strategy; and
- Measuring and analyzing ROI with one tool across incentive types.
Putting The Human Touch In ABM
Account-based marketing is driven by hard data and ruthless efficiency. But being laser-focused on target accounts doesn’t mean you leave the human touch at home. In fact, the opposite is true.
In this presentation, Ryan Gallagher of Proofpoint will show you how to build an ABM campaign that includes powerful engagement moments that build connection, rapport and drive deals forward. Key takeaways include:
- How top marketers are using multi-channel campaigns to boost engagement;
- Best practices for building intent-driven ABM campaigns; and
- Strategies for finding what your target accounts want through data.
How Hitachi Measures Marketing ROI
Hitachi Vantara had a problem – they had global marketing budgets that produced very limited insights. Teams would be given a budget and commit to it, but then come in short/over without knowing it, so extra funds were never reallocated to the proper areas. One small issue with budget like this would cause a ripple effect across the entire organization’s investments and ROI.
The company knew they needed to get the entire marketing organization committed to data accuracy, so they could have insight into what campaigns are working, which are not, and how all of those campaigns roll up to contribute to the organization’s ROI.
In this session, Jeremie Audran will showcase how he uses Allocadia and Salesforce Einstein to track investments and measure ROI for Hitachi’s marketing organization.
How To Eliminate ‘Random Acts of Marketing’
Today’s marketers must move faster than ever before, while also creating relevant, personalized experiences. But what do you use as your North Star when making decisions to deliver what is best for the customer and ultimately your business? Huron’s Corporate Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Lisa Cole discusses how to unite disconnected business groups and data sources to stop “random acts of marketing” and evolve your marketing strategy forward into an efficient, repeatable and scalable program that produces results and creates a premium customer experience.
In this session, you’ll discover:
- Evolving from chaos into control: How to use marketing data to create desirable experiences;
- Get cross-functional: How to successfully unite multiple departments for the good of the customer; and
- Embrace something new: Eliminating manual, inefficient processes that hold your organization back.
Live Intent & ABM User Experience: How Sage Intacct Increased Lead Conversions By 57% While Increasing Lead Quality By 55% & Reducing Overall CPL
In this session Ari Capogeannis, Head of Growth Marketing & Analytics for Sage Intacct, will demonstrate their “Stairway to Revenue” journey to achieving an astounding 33x ROI today.
Attend this session to experience and learn how to accelerate pipeline with intent and personalization, including how to:
• Increase top-of-funnel conversions;
• Increase bottom-of-funnel conversions;
• Increase mobile conversions;
• Convert from un-gated content; and
• Convert without traditional forms.
Account Intelligence & Orchestration To Deliver Marketing-Driven Revenue Performance
If you feel over- or under-whelmed by marketing tech, have unactionable and dirty data slowing down your marketing efforts, and are trying to figure out how marketing can really impact revenue, join Paul Green, Director of Marketing Technology at Extreme Networks and Scott Vaughan, CMO at Integrate, for this dynamic 40-minute session.
Paul will share Extreme Networks’ journey on a global, cross-functional initiative to orchestrate all marketing and sales systems into a unified go-to-market engine. By using state-of-the-art tools including demand orchestration, data enrichment, predictive modeling, intent signals and artificial intelligence, Extreme Networks is now driving shorter sales cycles, larger opportunities, increased close percentages and a major impact on revenue.
Attend this session to learn how you can:
- Focus on outcomes and results, not just leads;
- Optimize your MarTech stack and unify your data;
- Deliver small but constant wins with agile marketing; and
- Gain respect and partnership with sales, channel and executive teams.
The Day Marketing Held Sales Accountable
Virtual Causeway is a world-class demand generation agency that works with industry leaders such as SAP, Salesforce.com, Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg. They needed their marketing program spend to generate as many marketing qualified leads (MQL) as possible, and they needed those MQLs turned into sales qualified leads (SQL). They must be able to prove that Marketing spend generates a clear ROI. The problem was that Sales rejected over half of their MQLs, even though Marketing knew they should not have been rejected. For Marketing, this resulted in excess program spend, lead flow shortfalls, intra-departmental conflict and an overall questioning of Marketing’s effectiveness and contribution.
During this session, learn how Virtual Causeway overcame all of this, and implemented highly scalable processes by implementing an effective sales engagement strategy.
How To Build, Operate And Run Your Stack To Win In Your Industry (Hint: It’s About Intent-Fueled Account-Based Everything)
Fuze is all about collaboration, which is why they’re here to share real details on the daily care and feeding of a winning ABM tech stack. Named a “visionary” by Gartner in the fast-moving unified communications space (think phone systems that do everything you need), their remarkable business success is due to great solutions combined with superior marketing and sales. Fuze practitioners Emily Ketchum, Sr. Manager, Global Marketing Ops, and Ken Evans, Sr. Dir. Marketing Ops, will share unvarnished examples of what they’ve built and exactly what they do in marketing and sales to deliver efficiency and effectiveness gains quarter-over-quarter.
In this can’t-miss session with purchase intent and services provider TechTarget, you’ll learn how Fuze:
- Builds, runs and optimizes its high-performance ABM operation at scale;
- Wins as a disrupter in a maturing industry by rapidly achieving world-class marketing and sales;
- Created a winning account-based team to address key barriers to high-performance account-based everything; and
- Leverages behavioral data – real purchase intent – into ROI-driving marketing and sales.
02:20pm - 03:00pm
How We Achieved 4x Conversion Lift With A Rational Approach To ABM & A Simplified Martech Stack
Like many B2B tech companies, Pramata targets a diverse set of large enterprise companies and contacts, comprising complex buying committees of hard-to-reach senior-level decision makers at many of the world’s largest organizations. To market more effectively, Pramata was looking to complement their inbound and events programs with an account-based marketing and sales approach.
But when Jeremy Middleton was tasked with developing and launching the ABM program, he inherited an overly complex, 20-deep martech/salestech stack. He’s coming to B2BMX to share the story of how he rationalized that stack down to six key tools, worked with sales to pick key accounts and created an ABM program that has resulted in a 4x lead-to-sale conversion lift and 25% faster sales cycles.
In this session, you’ll learn specific suggestions and how-to's for building a successful ABM program, including:
- How to evaluate which martech tools will help drive sales;
- How to work with Sales to define priority accounts;
- How to find contacts who are in-market; and
- How to eliminate manual account research & wasted outreach.
Please join us for this informative, actionable session!
Engaging Prospects & Getting Customers Excited To Advocate For Your Brand: Looker’s Secret To Getting Customer Stories At Scale
The marketing team at Looker had great high-level messaging, but the one-size-fits-all approach didn’t always resonate with prospects across the globe or even across the country. The team wanted to take a more targeted approach to their content, particularly their customer stories. The only problem? Creating the volume of case studies they needed would take more time and resources than they could dedicate.
In this session, find out how Looker:
- Found the solution to their case study dilemma;
- Created numerous case studies, testimonials, reviews and proof points; and
- Elevated the quality of their case studies to tell a more enterprise-centric story.
Take The Lead With Your ABM Strategy
No matter your ABM readiness, see the steps behind an effective account-based strategy.
As an ambitious B2B marketer, you’re always challenging yourself to identify and close more accounts. You’re also trying to tie your efforts directly to revenue — something other teams are more than willing to take credit for.
Join Pendo and RollWorks for a peek behind the curtain of high-performing account-based strategies. See how to take the lead with these steps and set up your marketing and sales teams for success:
- Coordinate demand gen and ABM strategy;
- Integrate account-based advertising systems; and
- Change your mindset about success metrics.
Whether you’re a seasoned ABM specialist or just starting out, you’ll leave with actionable takeaways to improve your programs.
Generating A Return Of 18:1: A Siemens Demand Gen Case Study
You’re in charge of demand. You have big goals to meet and likely have “frameworks” or “playbooks” to follow. But are you truly demonstrating the revenue you’re driving for your organization? Are you challenged to provide an even greater return on your investment? Then push the “benchmarks” and “best practices” to the side and see firsthand how Siemens is generating a return of 18:1 through its demand generation programs.
Join Jessica Norman, the Strategic Marketing Program Manager for Siemens Large Drives Applications Division, and Tony Riley, Senior VP of The Mx Group, as they discuss Siemens’ award-winning demand gen programs created through a no-nonsense, no-BS approach to “sales and marketing alignment.”
During this case study you’ll see real-world examples and approaches to:
- Defining markets and aligning on priorities;
- Making personas useful;
- Providing sales with the right content at the right time;
- Generating highly qualified leads; and
- Using data to measure marketing and sales performance.
How Blackbaud Tripled Their Marketing Engagement With AI-Based Content Recommendations
A one-size-fits-all approach won’t cut it. Buyers have come to expect a personalized content experience and marketers that can offer it are edging out the competition.
Join Lisa Kenney, Principal Demand Generation Marketing Manager at Blackbaud, as she shares how she created one email nurture campaign that had visitors consuming an average of seven content pieces per visit, driving over $100,000 in pipeline.
How To Turbocharge Lead Engagement
Today’s customers want human interactions that deliver personalized buying experiences. But how can you reach out to prospects and engage them individually at scale? The truth is, you can’t.
In this presentation, William Wagner, VP of Marketing and Inside Sales at Cloud Lending Solutions and a former VP at Wells Fargo Bank, will share his insights and experience on turbo-charging lead engagement through automation powered by artificial intelligence. Conversica Senior Director of Product Marketing Jan Sijp will present how Conversica's artificial intelligence solution works to empower businesses with challenges to their lead flow.
By implementing the Conversica AI Assistant into his marketing and sales funnel, Wagner empowered Cloud Lending Solutions to engage thousands of leads a month and generate almost $2 million of pipeline revenue last year. He found that the key to converting leads is repeatable, personalized outreach – a feat that humans alone cannot achieve in a scalable way. With help from Conversica, Wagner discovered that his business could effectively connect with leads and quickly surface the hand-raisers from the prospects that were not yet ready to buy.
Cloud Lending Solutions AI assistant now focuses on the assertive, repetitive yet essential lead follow-up allowing the sales team to concentrate their efforts on the higher value of building trusted relationships with their prospects.
Watch this presentation and learn how to:
- Amplify nurture programs through relevant, two-way conversations;
- Go beyond lead scoring and determine lead intent; and
- Improve the quality of leads passed onto sales and become a marketing hero.
SnapApp: Stop Chasing MQLs. Start Driving Revenue
There’s a big disconnect between marketing and sales. Marketers spend a lot of time and money on creating programs that generate the best leads possible, but sales doesn’t always consider those leads a priority. Aligning sales and marketing is key to driving more opps and revenue, but how do you get everyone on board?
Join Michael Rutkowski, VP of Marketing at InsideOut Development, and Mark Collura, VP of Sales at SnapApp, for a discussion on how InsideOut aligns its sales and marketing teams to focus on increasing lead quality (without increasing the workload) and delivering the leads sales is demanding.
Powering The Always-On Revenue Engine: How Pure Storage Uses AI To Power 1:1 Experiences
Pure Storage has been highlighted by analysts as a leading example of building an "Artificially Intelligent Revenue Engine." This work with Idio has driven efficiency gains, lowering program management costs whilst driving a 289% increase in gated asset engagement. Deepak Mehta, who leads data & digital analytics, will show how Pure Storage uses content intelligence and first-party intent data to automate 1:1 personalization based on an individual's interests across multiple channels.
The situation that Pure Storage faced is normal at most B2B enterprises: a sprawling content archive, a lack of content metadata and structure, a pressing customer requirement for greater relevance and finite resources with which to solve these growing problems. Deepak, and Andrew Davies, Co-Founder at Idio, will walk through the process that was followed, and the progressive journey of building towards the goal of 1:1 relevance on every touch point. If you are interested in how you can build first-party intent data, predict customer journeys and adaptively tailor your experiences to customer needs, come and hear more.
The presentation will cover:
- Practical and valuable use cases for first-party intent data;
- A process for reducing, rather than increasing, marketing operations costs; and
- Tips on how to stand-up enterprise-grade AI within your marketing stack.
Buyer Intent Data: The New Key To Growth Marketing
Buyer Intent Data: The New Key To Growth Marketing
Buyer intent, or the probability that a customer will purchase your product, is a phrase marketers are becoming increasingly familiar with. And with the rise of analytics and software available to marketing professionals, the amount of data can seem unlimited. With so much of it available, what data do you need to help your sales team convert leads into customers?
In this session you will learn:
- What Buyer Intent Data is and how granular it gets;
- How to use Buyer Intent Data at all stages of the sales and customer lifecycle; and
- How to operationalize Buyer Intent Data for CRM, Marketing Automation and ABM.
03:10pm - 03:50pm
Building An Account-Based Revenue Organization
Business challenges: High inbound lead flow but wanted better quality – not just quantity. Also needed to head upmarket.
Solution: Account-based marketing (ABM).
Account-based engagement is, from a practical perspective, a waste mitigation mechanism. You build an account-based practice to focus resources on the good fit accounts and divert resources from bad fit accounts.
This presentation will lay out how orchestration is key to account-based success and breakdown the steps to achieve it. Attendees will learn:
- How to set up account selection with an in-depth TAM,
- Establish shared metrics, so there’s shared accountability between marketing and sales on account coverage;
- Understand the importance of resources on higher tier accounts;
- Why involving sales early in account/campaign planning is key; and
- How to think beyond firmographics for tier 2/3 segmentation.
Complex Stories Simplified: How SOC Telemed Uses A Marketing Remix To Build Its Fan Base
Join us at Marketing Unplugged at B2BMX 2019 to hear how SOC Telemed went through a total marketing remix when the established B2B company built a new start-up marketing department to perform for a brand-new telemedicine audience.
In this session, you will hear how:
- A change in company direction drove a remix of new messaging and audience targets, leaving the marketing team starting from a total rebranding initiative;
- SOC put existing band members in the lead and added some rising stars to the line-up;
- They enhanced their popular sound by bringing in new content instruments — from engaging interactivity to hall-of-fame-worthy blogs and an active social media presence;
- They shared the sheet music with internal audiences with training to make sure that sales and marketing were playing the same tune;
- Building their B2B fan base prepared them to compose more ambitious playlists in 2019, taking B2B basics into content nurtures and rocking events;
- SOC Telemed rocked a “big rock” asset that put all their greatest content hits in one comprehensive album; and• They shared toe-tapping clips of larger content to give the fans just what they’re into.
How Morningstar Uses Event Technology To Complete Your Marketing Stack
Live events are valuable and impact the success of the business. At Morningstar, event technology is used to understand attendees’ interests and actions. By integrating their event management system with their Martech tools, they turn those in-person actions into digital buying signals.
During this session, Leslie Marshall, Head of Experiential Marketing at Morningstar, will discuss:
- What activities are important to track at an event;
- How Morningstar is integrating event technology with their Martech stack; and
- How they use the data to prove the impact of events on the business.
Driving With Data: 3 ABM Lessons Learned
The road to ABM success is often a bumpy one, but Melissa Alonso and the Qlik team know the best way to ensure the smoothest ride is with good data. They embarked on a journey to improve awareness and increase content engagement among target accounts. Using PathFactory, they deployed a series of targeted ad campaigns, each leading to a personalized Content Track and measured how much time people spent with their content. Based on insights from this data, they made three important changes to their ABM program that led to a 252% increase in content consumption at target accounts. And more content consumption means more educated, sales-ready buyers.
Join this session to learn:
- 3 important data-driven changes Melissa and her team made to improve ABM results;
- The most valuable metric for ABM; and
- How to turn content insights into action.
Innovative GTM: How Cisco Achieved A 9-Figure Pipeline Using An Innovative SE And Marketing Approach
When Cisco discovered that peer-to-peer prospecting by its Solutions/Sales Engineers (SE) became one of its best pipeline generation channels, it doubled down on the SE-run "Test Drive" Event Campaign and developed an entire Go-To-Market framework around it. Inspired by the Folloze B2B engagement platform, in this session, discover how Cisco's SEs are taking a primary role in creating a 9-figure sales pipeline using best practices and methodologies typically reserved for marketing.
Discover the ins and outs of Cisco's innovative GTM framework, including demo day events, send-on-behalf campaigns, and 360 reporting among others, so that you too can implement the process in your organization right now. And the results don't lie. Today 45% of all registrations for Cisco Test Drives come from the sales team - more than double their contribution prior to launch.
Additionally, join this session and learn:
- How Cisco's SE team surfaced hidden opportunities and how the increases led to expanding the campaign by offering additional event locations to support the demand;
- Tips to deliver auto-personalized experiences for individual accounts, or specific sales situations and effectively measure customer engagement; and
- How an aligned and singular ABM approach across Sales, Marketing and Customer Success can help to engage, develop, win and retain your top target accounts.
Marketing Mindshift: How To Build Outbound Campaigns For Sales
Sales and marketing roles are evolving. As marketers continue to be more revenue driven and focused on attributing campaign success to closed-won deals, their sales counterparts are looking more closely at engagement and segmentation to improve their effectiveness. Sales and marketing may have different data needs, but there’s a lot of overlap. When both teams have access to the same deep data, they can speak the same language.
Join Televerde’s VP of Key Accounts Dawn Coppens and DiscoverOrg’s Director of Partnerships Krystan Resch to learn how to leverage marketing skills to serve up killer outbound campaigns that sales wants to work!
This case study will cover:
• Segmentation and targeting strategies;
• Multi-channel prospecting plays that work; and
• Measuring marketing success using sales KPIs.
Aligning Your Content & Tactics To The Buyer’s Journey: Practical Ways To Get Better Pipeline Results
The B2B buyer has evolved.
In order to connect with today’s buyer, marketers must adopt a customer-centric approach to pipeline marketing.
By connecting with our ideal customer, understanding their needs and providing them with a tailored solution when they need it, we build trust and deliver real value. This approach not only improves the buyer experience, but also improves our pipeline results.
In this case study presentation, we will provide you with practical advice and real-life examples on how to achieve both.
5 Steps To Revamping Your Video Strategy
Art Of The Possible In Video Marketing
Today is the art of the possible in video marketing. Marketers are now producing TV-like video experiences to engage and convert their audiences. They’re not only producing episodic video content and distributing it throughout various digital channels, but they’realso measuring beyond generic video view count and providing tangible ROI and business influence from their video efforts.
During this session, Kait Bowes, Sr. Demand Generation Manager at Brightcove, will bring you on a journey of how leading B2C and B2B brands are using video today and the results they’ve seen; from brand awareness campaigns to demand generation strategies.
This session is intended to inform and inspire to move beyond the tried and expected into a new realm of video-led opportunities.
Case studies are available to all registrants on a first-come, first serve basis. Get your pass to #B2BMX today!