Seldom does a business trip offer such amazing sights and experiences as Demand Gen Report’s B2B Marketing Exchange event this February in Scottsdale, AZ. Especially for those of us hailing from the snowy and frigid East Coast. The sixth annual conference offers B2B marketing and sales professionals educational sessions, workshops, case studies and networking with the best-of-the-best in the industry. It’s a chance to build pipeline to carry your organization well into 2017, a chance for intimate networking with your peers and educational sessions for both sponsors as well as attendees. All in the first two months of the year.
The fun part? Scottsdale is a family-friendly city with natural beauty and an ideal climate to make extending your trip well worth it. Take a look at the Top-Ten Bucket List for Scottsdale and plan your trip. Bookend #B2BMX with some of these on the list — it will be the best work event you’ve ever had. Build your business, your skills and have a little fun too.
- Take a hike. There are no shortages of hiking trails in Scottsdale, but some of the most popular and family-friendly hikes are a few miles from the Fairmont Princess. Explore the natural beauty of Arizona before heading back to the office.
- Sedona, Red Rock Canyon National Park, Chapel of the Holy Cross and the surrounding area is known for amazing vistas, excellent hiking, shopping, great food and is a photographer’s dream. A short two-hour drive from Scottsdale, book a Pink Jeep Tour and see Sedona from a unique perspective that is kid-friendly, but also perfect for those seeking outdoor adventures. The trip is worth the drive and the views will not disappoint.
*photo credit Erika Goldwater
- Foodies rejoice…go to The Mission. The food scene in Scottsdale is thriving and there is no better place to experience it than at The Mission in Old Town. Chef Matt Carter brings a unique twist to Latin cuisine and you’ll never have a better cucumber jalapeño margarita or tableside guacamole…ever. Book a team dinner or squeeze into the bar to sample a flight of tequila.
- Relax. Hit the spa. Health and wellness is a focus across Arizona, but Scottsdale is known for its amazing and luxurious spas. Guests at the Fairmont Scottsdale can take advantage of the Willow Stream Spa for world-class treatments ranging from custom facials and aerial yoga to a Eucalyptus inhalation room. The resort boasts six pools (including one adults-only rooftop pool and one with a white sand beach). Take a deep breath and book a spa appointment today.
- Spring Training. Batter up. The Cactus League is a chance to catch a game before the official season starts back home. Experience the great American pastime via the Cactus League. Games are on sale now.*Photo via Cactus League.com
- Arizona Party Bike Have you ever seen one of these in action? It might just be the best group activity and/or photo opportunity around. The Arizona Party Bike is a party on wheels.
- Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation Architecture fans are well aware of the genius of Frank Lloyd Wright and his famous home Fallingwater in Pennsylvania. However, Wright’s winter home, called Taliesin West, is now a historic landmark open to the public. It’s home to the 160-acre Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation and one of the gems of Scottsdale offering tours, classes, camp and residency to its School of Architecture students.
- Step into the Old West. Old Town Scottsdale is where the Old West meets the New West. Hop on a free stagecoach ride, sample a treat from the Sugar Bowl (established in 1958), or just wander around the shops and old Mission and blacksmith shop.
- Grand Canyon National Park. The picturesque grandeur of the Grand Canyon, considered by many as the eighth Wonder of the Natural World spans 1,902 mi² but is just under a five-hour drive from Scottsdale. Walk the outer rim of the Canyon, book a mule-ride down the ridge if you dare or take a helicopter ride for a once in a lifetime adventure.
*Photo via Crystallinks.com
- It’s tee time. Scottsdale is a golfer’s paradise with more than 200 courses just in Scottsdale alone. The Fairmont features two 18-hole Championship-level TPC courses including the renovated TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course. The resort’s golf concierge can help book tee times, arrange transportation for large groups and help you choose the perfect course to end your stay in Scottsdale. Take your pick.
*Photo via Fairmont.com
Other ideas to keep you busy after #B2BMX include the Butterfly Wonderland, 62nd annual Arabian Horse Show, Bondurant Racing School or Fountain Hills to see one of the world’s tallest fountains at 560 feet (it’s taller than the Washington Monument).
Make the most of your trip to the B2B Marketing Exchange this year. Did we miss your favorite activity on this list? Let us know and share it via #B2BMX and we’ll see you in sunny Arizona. #azbucketlist